Open Farm Events 2017
June 17th and 18th
July 8th and 9th
June 17th and 18th from 10am to 4pm
Come visit the closest outback to North Texas
Come get a taste of a Cathy's Critters private event when we are open all weekend to the public!
Come out and have free run of the farm, with an opportunity to check out all the activities available to private parties and field trips. Watch this space for updates on our monthly events and organize a group outing to the farm.
Special treat: A new baby patagonian cavy has been born and is still bottle-feeding. You will probably be able to watch or help with a bottle session any day this weekend.
Next open farm schedule, activities, and attractions:
Open from 10am - 4pm
$8 per person (3 and under free)
Bag of feed for any critters, $5
Opportunities to serve:
Accepting donations for H.A.I.E.A's "Second Chance" program (haiea.org)
This Open Farm Event will include these activities:
- A Petting Zoo
- Kangaroo Meet & Greet
- Exotic Presentation
- Pony Rides
- H.A.I.E.A. (Human-Animal Interaction and Education Advocates) will be serving food to raise money for their programs.
- Menu: TBD
A few administrative details:
- Parking is available inside the farm. Please come to the second gate and an attendant will direct you. Inside parking may be limited immediately after or during wet weather. If parking along the road, please use "our" side only, as we like to respect our neighbors' space.
- Plenty of restrooms are available.
- We try to make Cathy's Critters as accessible as possible, but strollers and wheelchairs may have a challenge navigating some of our flagstone walkways and uneven grounds. Please plan accordingly.
- Food is available for sale sometimes. If planning to have lunch with us, please check the specifics on this page to determine if we'll have food for sale, or if you should bring a picnic lunch.
- We are located at 7422 County Road 466, Princeton TX. Any GPS can find us, and Google Maps even identifies the farm for you. However, cell phone reception gets spotty out here (even though we're 15 minutes from McKinney), so it may be wise to print directions before leaving.
- We try to answer the phone during these events, but can not always do so. Leave a message and we try to listen out for folks who are lost and looking for help on the way here.
- Bring reusable water bottles for your family - it's hot! We'll have bottled water for sale in case you forget.
We hope you’ll enjoy any activity you choose to engage in with our team of animals and dedicated employees! Please enjoy the rest of the site and don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook!Cathy's Critters ; firstname.lastname@example.org ; 972-562-0583; 7422 County Road 466, Princeton, Texas 75407