Critter Camp 2017
Cathy’s Critters’ on-going mission is to educate kids and families about rural life, science, our food supply, and America's agrarian roots. We want to instill a sense of belonging to our world through farming and a better understanding of the natural world in which we live, and which gives us life.
"Critter Camp" is a week-long exploration of the farm, animal care, science, fun, and games. There will be tons more games, activities and even a "Friday Night Food & Fun" where the kids can show off what they have done all week.
Critter Camp 2016 will be open to ages 5 - 12. The age groups will be split into Cria Kids (5 - 7, all five years old must have at least 1 year in Kindergarten to be allowed at Critter Camp) and Critter Campers (8 - 12). Critter Camp will run from 9 am - 5 pm each day. The fee per camper is $285 for the first child and $255 for additional children from the same family.
We are offering 3 different themed weeks to choose from:
- Veterinarian Week - If your child has the dream of being a vet when they grow up this is the week for them!
- Cowboy/Cowgirl Week - Does you child have a love for horses? Sign them up now.
- Zoo Week - Does your child dream of working at the zoo or with exotic animals? Find out if they have what it takes this week.
Critter Camp 2017 Dates
Session 1 Cowboy Week: June 5th - 9th, 2017; 9 am - 5 pm
Session 2 Zoo Week: June 12th - 16th, 2017; 9 am - 5 pm
Session 3 Vet Week: June 19th – 23rd, 2017; 9 am - 5 pm
Session 4 Cowboy Week: June 26th – 30th, 2017; 9 am - 5 pm
Session 5 Zoo Week: July 10th - 14th, 2017; 9 am - 5 pm
Session 6 Vet Week: July 17th - July 21st, 2017; 9 am - 5 pm
Session 7 Cowboy Week: July 24th - 28th, 2017; 9 am - 5 pm
Session 8 Zoo Week: July 31st - August 4th, 2017; 9 am - 5 pm
Session 9 Vet Week: August 7th - August 11th, 2017; 9 am - 5 pm
If your date is already filled up contact us to put your child on the waiting list!!!
Every week we will have a different theme and different activities but a few things that will be consistent though all the weeks are:
- Animal Caretaker Program – Each child will get to adopt an animal for the week! They will be responsible for making sure their animal is clean, feed, watered, and cared for everyday!
- Special Guest Visits from Professionals in our Community
- We will have lots of games and fun for all ages!
- Learning how bandage a small injury
- Learning how to handle different animals
- How to tell if an animal is sick and needs a vet.
- And More
- Learn to Saddle a horse!
- Learn Roping
- Horse Riding
- And More
- Learn what it takes to be a zookeeper- do you think you have what it takes?
- Learn about how to handle and enrich the lives of our more exotic animals
- Learn about the habitat care and diet of exotic animals
- And More
Make sure you sign your child up on our Critter Camp Sign up Genius Page by clicking the button below and send in your Registration papers to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail them to 7422 County Road 466, Princton, Texas 75407
Download files for registration here (Please note that these forms will first open in Dropbox before downloading. Once you click on the link, it should start downloading automatically without needing a Dropbox account!):
Junior Counselor Volunteer Program
Critter Camp can always use extra help! If your child is 13 - 18, they can apply for our Junior Counselor Volunteer Program. Jr Counselors will need to be available for a full week session (multiple weeks, if they wish), need to have a reliable ride to and from the farm, and should expect to help out. The Jr. Counselors main job is to help out the lead counselors and to help the campers with activities. If your child is interested in volunteering, please contact us at email@example.com. Sign them up on our Junior Councelor Sign up Genuis by clicking the button below and filling out the Junior Counselor Application.
We are also looking for camp counselors to help with running the summer camp! If you are over the age of 16 and want to have fun while earning some extra money please give us a call or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 972-562-0583. You can also click the link below.